Education Partnerships Facilitator
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $67,846 - $78,126 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs, and we want you to enjoy the benefits that best work for you and your stage of life. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and countless opportunities for professional and personal development. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
Melton City Council acknowledges the fundamental role that Libraries and Arts play in the making of vibrant, culturally rich communities. Reporting to the Team Leader Literacy, Learning and Partnerships in the Libraries and Arts service unit, the role of Education Partnerships Facilitator is key to delivering priority areas for Melton City Libraries as envisioned in Creative Melton 2030. These include
- Working proactively to engage the whole of community with libraries, learning and creativity
- Building a culture of reading to engage all ages and abilities with books and writing
- Applying evidence based practice to develop and review services, collections and programs
- Working in partnership to deliver collaborative services
The Education Partnerships Facilitator will
- Develop and build strategic partnerships with education institutions in the municipality that develop awareness of library services and create opportunities for improved learning outcomes.
- Deliver high quality customer service at Council's library facilities that is responsive to community needs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A tertiary qualification in either professional membership (librarian) of the Australian Library and Information Association or in Education or Community Development together with public library experience.
- Experience working in an education or learning environment.
- Experience in program development and delivery for young people.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Council has a diverse and vibrant team serving our diverse and vibrant community and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future. Our values are:
- Continuous Improvement
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Sarah Restuccia on 9747 5329.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 10 July 2020
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.