Coordinator Early Childhood
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $109,496 - $122,580 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people's professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
Melton City Council is seeking a dynamic leader to co-ordinate and provide strategic leadership to deliver optimal Early Childhood services for Council. The Coordinator Early Childhood will be responsible for managing the delivery of Early Childhood services in accordance with the Government standards, requirements and regulations.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a collaborative approach to integrated planning and delivery of Early Childhood services.
- Ensure the Early Childhood services operates efficiently, consistent with Council's Customer Service Charter, all relevant legislation, Government guidelines, and Funding and Service Agreements.
- Deliver a high performance team culture and as well as providing support, coaching and high quality supervision.
- Lead the development of early years infrastructure planning and activation processes.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- A degree level qualification in early childhood education, health, welfare, social work, community development or related field and / or extensive experience working at a senior level in the early childhood sector is essential.
- Substantial experience in leading and coordinating people and managing staff in delivering high quality services.
- Well-developed skills in strategic planning, policy, business planning and budget management.
- Thorough knowledge of all legislation, policies and standards related to the Early Childhood.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
We are Vibrant Melton. Our values are:
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about this exciting opportunity, please contact Brendan Ball, Manager Families and Children on 9747 7317.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 30 October 2020.
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.