Principal Construction Supervisor
Full Time Permanent Position
Salary Range $94,283 - $105,385 pa + 9.5% Super + RDO and contributory commuter use of a motor vehicle
About Melton City Council
The City of Melton is a place where everyone belongs. Our community is vibrant and diverse and one of the fastest developing in Australia. Our organisation strives to provide our community with state of the art, excellent amenity, health and wellbeing and to support our community to be a lifelong learning city. We invest in innovation and our people's professional and personal development. We offer generous leave and flexibility that best suits your lifestyle and a collaborative and inclusive culture. You'll be able to work close to home and have new cafes and shops opening every day amongst the heritage buildings and open green spaces of one of Melbourne's fastest growing municipalities.
Our mission is to deliver high quality transport infrastructure for the benefit of future communities in our fast growing municipality. This role supports that goal by ensuring works are done in accordance with Council specifications and standards.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Planning Coordinator, this role will liaise with staff, contractors and superintendents and lead a team that will apply quality control measures during the construction works.
- Lead a team of construction supervisors in auditing land development works, Council Capital Projects and other State Authorities Projects.
- Resolve civil construction issues.
- Develop and review civil construction documents, processes and systems.
- Lead construction supervisors in displaying Council's Organisational Values and Vision
- Evaluate and plan annual performance of the construction supervisors as well as assist in the induction of new construction supervisor staff.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
- Degree, Advanced Diploma or equivalent in a technical area recognised by the Institute of Engineers with relevant experience, or, lesser qualifications with substantial experience.
- Expert understanding of the underlying principles of engineering design and construction techniques for civil construction works.
- Ability to work in a team environment and lead a team.
- Relevant experience and ability to supervise and direct construction supervisors and contractors.
- Ability to discuss and liaise effectively with contractors and consultants to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated high level of understanding of OH&S, traffic management and construction management.
- Highly developed written skills to prepare technical reports and correspondence.
- Able to demonstrate and provide good customer service.
Culture and Values
Our vision for our community is to be: "a thriving community where everyone belongs" and that means there's a place here for you too. Our organisational values represent us as an established growth Council and the values are reflected in everything we do; our decision-making, our actions and our service provision to the community. Council has a diverse and vibrant organisation and we'd love to have you join us to help shape a city for the future.
There are a number of great reasons why our people love working at Melton City Council:
- 19 Day Month
- Flexible Working Hours
- Extensive Career Development & Leadership Programs
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- 3 weeks Paid Secondary Carer Leave
- Family Room available including Breastfeeding Facilities (Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accredited)
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Social Club Activities
- Subsidised Uniforms
To read more about our benefits visit https://meltoncity.recruitmenthub.com.au/Staff-Benefits/
How to apply
For further information about the position, please contact Voltaire David, Coordinator Infrastructure Planning on 0439 375 316.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 30 October 2020
To be eligible for employment at Melton City Council you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia or be legally entitled to work in Australia.
At Melton City Council we care for our people, we're committed to the professional growth of our employees and support balance and flexibility. If you want to work with talented, passionate people and build a thriving and vibrant community, we encourage you to apply. We strongly encourage job applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.